Are you struggling with building a website by yourself?
Don’t you know how to code?
Today I’m going to tell you about Elementor, an amazing page builder by which you can build any kind of website within a short time without any coding knowledge.
So, build your website with Elementor following this guide. Let’s dive right in.
In the current situation making a website has become a very simple task. WordPress has made the work a piece of cake. And at last, some awesome page builders made the work 10x easier than before. There are more than 10-page builders available now in the market.
But among all of them, Elementor grabbed the critics’ attention in perspective of easy to use, awesome UI/UX design and its super functionalities. Elementor is called the all-in-one solution pack.
Read this guide and know about one of the world’s most popular page builders -“Elementor” and about its super functionalities.
Elementor Page Builder Review: In a Nutshell
You can easily make your website with Elementor. Elementor is an effective plugin for WordPress. And it is a drag and drop page builder plugin.
This means a few things:
- You can make spectacular post & page templates with Elementor which are identical, compared with the traditional post & page templates that come with your WordPress theme.
- You will get 100% control to work on posts & pages. You can customize these as you want.
- It is not necessary to acquire HTML/CSS/PHP/CODING skills – everything you can make by drag & drop only.
- Elementor works on the front-end of your website. It means when you design your website you can see live how it will look really. You can easily design your UI/UX.
- You can easily create amazing content layouts & page layouts as you can imagine.
- And, the most awesome thing is that it is compatible with all WordPress themes. You can keep your present design & also can have anything of Elementor you like.
The main benefit of using Elementor is you can make awesome page layouts and designs even if you are not professional and don’t have any experience in site building before.
It will be very good to use Elementor when you are on a small budget and don’t want to hire any web developer to make your website.
Here is my personal website, for example, you can get an idea of what kind of website you can make with Elementor.
While I’m writing this content there are more than 3 million(!) WordPress websites using Elementor. This number describes how popular Elementor is. Let’s have a tour into some of the most interesting features of Elementor one by one:
Elementor Features and Benefits
Elementor comes with some useful elements which are unique in the marketplace:
- Elementor has its own page building functionality. We will talk about that later in the content.
- There are more than 90+ content modules and elements to use like Heading, Image, Button, Counter, Carousel, Testimonial, Progress Bar, Price Table, Call to Action, etc.
- Almost everything in Elementor you can do only by drag and drop. You can take an element and move it anywhere you want on your webpage.
- It is a live WordPress drag and drop page builder. It means you can see right now, what your users are going to see later on your website.
- The pages that you will make with Elementor will be automatically SEO friendly and mobile responsive.
- There in Elementor has a huge library of pre-made page templates that you can import and modify if you want. When I’m writing this content there are almost 150 plus free templates and 300+ pro templates available. You can save your own templates also.
- 25+ Add-ons to build and design super functioning websites.
- If you use the Elementor Pro version you can use the theme builder feature, with that you can modify the core elements of a theme such as the header, footer, single post template, blog archive, etc.
- Lastly, there is also a WooCommerce builder module also. You can build your woo-commerce website through this builder. You can redesign your default WooCommerce pages like a single product page or WooCommerce archive.
As I told you earlier that the main functionality of that plugin is to make your website freely. You can take full control of every part of your website. You don’t have to wonder what your website is going to look like. With the live preview feature, you can see directly what design you are making to your website.
So, what can you do now? You can use its 90+ content elements to build your fully functioning website. These elements contain many things which I mentioned earlier. You can also use the elements of widgets that your WordPress theme already has.
Besides all of these, you can access its display settings. You can change default colors, margins and padding values, background, fonts and many more.
The most interesting thing is that there is a full record of your work history. That means you can back or make a change to any stage of the action that you took previously.
Last but not least, Elementor allows you to take full control of what your page will look like on desktop, tablet, and mobile.
So build your beautiful WordPress website with Elementor.
Price of Elementor
Elementor is free. But It has a pro version available also.
The Free Elementor version is not bad for making a website. You can make simple WordPress websites with that. That website will look great also. But if you want extraordinary features, you need to dive into Elementor Pro.
I want to add a piece of information to keep this review more factual and useful than the 90% awesomeness of Elementor you will get into Elementor Pro.
You can get the main plugin of Elementor on the official website of WordPress. You don’t need to do any signup or extra registration to use it. Just install and activate. It will work.
Now come about the Pro edition. I’ll tell you about some interesting features which will enjoy the pro users only:
- 50+ extra content elements and modules.
- 300+ extra page templates.
- You can change the headers and footers of your current theme with the theme builder module.
- You can redesign your WooCommerce product page with the WooCommerce builder module.
- Elementor Popup Builder: The module with that you can create pop-ups and connect with another opt-in form or some special offer/discount.
- You can integrate the popular marketing tool with a visual form builder.
- You can also create Global Widgets and implement them throughout the whole website.
- Make the custom CSS to any Element Block as you like.
- Extend your Elementor elements in sidebars and widgets.
Here is the present price of Elementor:
This is an annual subscription. So as long as you stay subscribed you will get 24/7 support and you will get all the updates.
Beginners Guide to Elementor
Let’s start the more deep & practical section of our review. Here is how to get started with Elementor:
Firstly, you need to install the WordPress plugin of Elementor. Just like you install other WordPress plugins.
If you are completely new to WordPress, you can check this guide on “How to Install a WordPress plugin“.
Then you can visit the settings panel if you want to. But it is not mandatory.
You can directly head over to the ‘pages ’ option from the WordPress Dashboard and create a new page. Here you’ll see the ‘Edit with Elementor’ button. Just click the button and start your journey with Elementor. You will see the first user interface of Elementor. I have written an in-depth beginner Elementor tutorial on WPCity. You can check this out also: “How to Get Started with Elemetor“
Here is what it will look like:
- Main Canvas: In there you can create your content blocks and adjust them together
- The content elements that are available for your current version of Elementor.
- You will get access to your Elementor settings where you can change your fonts, colors, and so on.
- This is whereby clicking you can return to see the view of content elements.
- This is the global setting of the page you’re working on right now.
- This is the revision history of the page.
- You can check your page responsiveness with that.
- Preview your page before publishing it.
- Finally, publish your content.
If you want to make a page with Elementor, you first need to know the page structure hierarchy:
- A page can carry any number of sections in it.
- Every section can be divided into one or more columns.
- And each column can contain one or more content elements.
- Lastly, every element can be styled individually.
So, we can have a look at this-
Page > Section > Column > Content > Style
If you are new to Elementor either you can use a ready-made template(by clicking the “Folder” sign) or you can take on a blank section(by clicking the “+” sign).
In the new section, you can add new columns and arrange them with content elements by simply dragging and dropping the elements from the sidebar.
After completing the placement of content blocks you can simply click on that to adjust or edit their style in detail.
There are three main options for that: Content, Style, and Advanced.
You have to work with the content element individually until the whole webpage is ready.
At last, we can say that Elementor is very easy to use.
When you will complete the learning page/structure hierarchy and content elements, working with your page will become very easy and you can make a website with fun.
Especially, when you will start using the more advanced features. For example:
- You can experiment with the Z-index of elements.
- Try to customize the on-hover state of elements.
- Setting the transition time between sections and so on.
Check out these Elementor tutorials. I think these will help you a lot. Moreover, these tutorials will be more than enough to get started with Elementor and useful than video tutorials.
- How to Get Started with Elementor.
- How to Use the Elementor Fee Page Builder.
- Elementor Pro Tutorial: How to Use the Elementor Theme Builder.
- How to Add a Popup with Elementor.
Ready Made Templates
Every design of Elementor is very beautiful. Just imagine if you don’t have any design on your webpage, what it will look like? If it really happens you can use the premade templates of the Elementor library.
All the designs are very professional and impressive. You don’t have to worry about the design of the Elementor library. And the Elementor library has lots of collections. There are almost 150-plus pre-made templates available in the free version and 300-plus pre-made templates in the pro version. If that is not enough for you can also use the Elementor’s Kits- collections of block templates that also follow the same fully professional design.
The library has a huge collection of all types of common pages like home pages, about us pages, contact pages, landing pages, etc. There are also separate ready-made templates of the single blog posts and also have the blog archive templates.
You can build any kind of website with them. Like- Portfolio, Blog, Business websites, E-commerce, Hotel & Restaurant websites and so on. You not only can import templates from the Elementor library but also you can redesign them until you get your desired results.
And you can also save your own designed templates and import them to your webpage. If you want you can share your own designs with the WordPress communities or directly on the web.
Why is Elementor Best for you: Comparison with Other Page Builder
One thing I like to add is that as I am writing this content I’m really impressed with this page builder. I’ve used almost all popular page builder plugins but I didn’t get my desired results with other page builder plugins. For that reason, every time I came back to Elementor. It is my all-in-one solution till now.
And it is a perfect solution for those who want to build their websites on their own but don’t have any coding knowledge. I want to share a short note with you that you can’t access many features that you are getting in Elementor for free on the other page builder plugins.
Is Elementor better than other competitors in the market?
Which one page builder will you choose from Divi, Elementor, and Beaver?
This is very difficult work for many people to choose the right page builder. Because all three tools are very amazing. However, all the page builders never down their hands at everything like each other.
So which will you prefer most? And how can you choose that? I will tell you to check 3 things before you choose any page builder. There are these 3 things-
- Features: What is your website about? You should find a specific aspect of your website. After that, you have to analyze the specific aspect’s elements of the 3-page builder. For example, if your website is a blog website. You should look at the single blog post templates, blog archives, etc. After that, you can choose a page builder that you like the features of them as the main characteristic of your website.
- Pros and Cons: You should also check all the pros and cons of the page builders whether these will affect the overall health of your website or not.
- Ui and Ux: You should check the Ui and Ux of the websites which are made with the page builders to get an idea of how it will look if you build your website with this page builder.
You can also check the live demo that comes with every page builder from their official websites. But there is a plus point that significantly keeps Elementor a few steps ahead of any other page builder plugin.
Though there is a pro version of the Elementor page builder available in the market, 90% of the awesomeness of Elementor comes with the free version. And you can get the pro version of Elementor at a low price. On the contrary, other page builders will cost you so much.
Pros of Elementor
- It’s free. The primary package of Elementor is totally free. And most of the new websites won’t need to upgrade to the pro version.
- It has a large number of features and all are very easy to use.
- The number of features that are available for free is amazing. I think I should include that twice on my list.
- You can design your website as you want. Which you can’t do with your current theme. For this, you don’t need to know any HTML, CSS, or PHP knowledge.
- Elementor has a lot of addons to add any type of functionality.
- You can preview your website that how your web pages will look like after designing.
- And you will get an inline text editing feature. By which you can easily edit your writing elements.
- You don’t have to think about page responsiveness. When you edit for desktop it will automatically be responsive for tablet and mobile.
- There are detailed settings functionalities for every element including alignments, margin, and padding values.
- You can get your money back within 30 days if you don’t like using Elementor.
Shortly, there is no anything that is out of your control.
Cons of Elementor
- You can’t add your custom design to the links as you are trying to add. It can happen that you are not getting your desired typography and color in the settings panel.
- If something is misaligned when you are editing your webpage, it becomes very difficult to locate the exact margin value that’s the accused. For example, you have a block, a column into that, and then an element inside that. It is a concern that each one has its own margin settings.
Conclusion of Elementor Page Builder Review
To finish this Elementor review I will tell you that if you need an amazing drag and drop page builder plugin for WordPress, Elementor will be the best option for you. It is an all-in solution pack. Though there are more alternatives on the market, Elementor stands out in front of them as the one-pack solution. Anyone can easily use the Elementor plugin even complete beginners. And it doesn’t force you to go to the premium version. Click here to go to the official website of Elementor.
I think you have found our review useful. Did you use Elementor before? Or willing to use it? Is there anything that we haven’t covered in our review? If it is yes, leave a comment below and let us know.